We recommend that you book early, as there are other conferences and bus tours occurring at the same time as Access.
There are a number of hotels in downtown St. John’s
- Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland (Access room rate $189) Update: To reserve this rate, you will need to call In-House Reservations at 709-758-8453, and note the group name ACCESS 2013. Reservation hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm Newfoundland Standard Time. If calling after hours, please leave a voice mail message rather than connecting to “0” as central booking will not have the conference rate.
- Quality Hotel Harbourview (Access room rate $149) Update: To reserve this rate, you will need to call the hotel directly at 709-754-7788 and note the group name ACCESS Conference. The conference rate will apply 2 days prior and following the conference. Note, there are no double rooms available on the 24th but single rooms have a pull out couch.
- Delta St. John’s
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Murray Premises Hotel A National Historic Site of Canada. Offers rooms with both king and queen beds. Call 709-738-7773 to book for the Access Conference rate of $199. Update: Sept. 23 and Sept. 24 are fully booked
- Extended Stay Hotel (2km from Masonic)
St. John’s also offers a wide range of B&Bs in the heart of downtown and close to the Masonic Temple.
- Abba Inn
- At Wit’s Inn
- Balmoral Inn
- Banberry House Bed and Breakfast
- Cabot House
- Cantwell House
- The Chef’s Inn
- Comfort and Joy B&B
- Duckworth B & B
- Gower Street House Bed and Breakfast
- Long’s Hill Suites
- The Narrows Bed and Breakfast
- Redell-Shea Manor
- The Roses Heritage Inn
From the Airport
Taxis are available from the airport and average $25. Full details are available on the airport site.
Metrobus Transit buses run through the heart of downtown and around the city. Cash fares are $2.25. For more information, including bus maps and fares, check out the Metrobus Transit website.
There are a number of taxi companies in St. John’s.
St. John’s is a great walking city. You can walk up Signal Hill, around the Grand Concourse trails, or just wander the streets of downtown.