We recommend that you book early, as there are other conferences and bus tours occurring at the same time as Access.
There are a number of hotels in downtown St. John’s
- Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland (Access room rate $189) Update: To reserve this rate, you will need to call In-House Reservations at 709-758-8453, and note the group name ACCESS 2013. Reservation hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm Newfoundland Standard Time. If calling after hours, please leave a voice mail message rather than connecting to “0” as central booking will not have the conference rate.
- Quality Hotel Harbourview (Access room rate $149) Update: To reserve this rate, you will need to call the hotel directly at 709-754-7788 and note the group name ACCESS Conference. The conference rate will apply 2 days prior and following the conference. Note, there are no double rooms available on the 24th but single rooms have a pull out couch.
- Delta St. John’s
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Murray Premises Hotel A National Historic Site of Canada. Offers rooms with both king and queen beds. Call 709-738-7773 to book for the Access Conference rate of $199. Update: Sept. 23 and Sept. 24 are fully booked
- Extended Stay Hotel (2km from Masonic)
St. John’s also offers a wide range of B&Bs in the heart of downtown and close to the Masonic Temple.
- Abba Inn
- At Wit’s Inn
- Balmoral Inn
- Banberry House Bed and Breakfast
- Cabot House
- Cantwell House
- The Chef’s Inn
- Comfort and Joy B&B
- Duckworth B & B
- Gower Street House Bed and Breakfast
- Long’s Hill Suites
- The Narrows Bed and Breakfast
- Redell-Shea Manor
- The Roses Heritage Inn
For a full listing of accommodations in St. John’s, check out the accommodations page from the city or the Newfoundland Hotel website.
From the Airport
Taxis are available from the airport and average $25. Full details are available on the airport site.
Metrobus Transit buses run through the heart of downtown and around the city. Cash fares are $2.25. For more information, including bus maps and fares, check out the Metrobus Transit website.
There are a number of taxi companies in St. John’s.
St. John’s is a great walking city. You can walk up Signal Hill, around the Grand Concourse trails, or just wander the streets of downtown.