Access has traditionally been held in late September or early October.
Efforts should be made, wherever possible, to rotate the conference location amongst the Canadian regions. Considerations for location include:
- Is the location easy to get to? From within Canada? from outside Canada?
- Is the cost to get to the location a factor?
- Once there, is there sufficient, convenient local transportation?
- Is there enough space to host the sessions? Particularly the large keynotes. (attendance levels are typically 100-200)
- If there are multiple locations–are they in close proximity to one another?
- Are the facilities accessible?
- Is there wifi?
- Is there capacity to livestream the conference sessions?
- Familiarity with the library IT community and past Access conferences
- Technical support – who is responsible? Firms in the area/volunteers from host institution/firms in other cities, towns? Will the technical requirements be adequately met? (Local lines, bandwidth, etc.)
- Catering- are special needs taken care of? Are there enough options to allow the host to select reasonably priced meals?
In your hosting proposal, please include/address:
- The host organization(s) name
- Proposed dates
- The location the event will likely be held (e.g. campus facility, hotel name, etc.)
- Considerations noted in the guidelines above
- Anything else to convince us that you would put on another fabulous Access conference!
Submit your proposals (or ask your questions) at firstname.lastname@example.org!