The Access Conference is committed to fostering an environment of understanding and respect within librarianship. To support equity, diversity, and inclusion, the Access Conference Scholarship Committee invites people from backgrounds that are under-represented in libraries to apply for an all-inclusive scholarship (standard travel, accommodation, and conference registration costs) to attend the Access 2022 Conference in Ottawa, ON.
- The scholarship will reimburse recipients for travel and accommodation expenses, based on receipts. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide money in advance to cover those costs.
- At least two scholarships will be awarded.
- Scholarships are available for library or archives staff as well as students in LIS, library technician, or archives programs.
- The Access Conference Scholarship Committee will prioritize applications from early-career library/archives employees (first 5 years) or applicants interested in a technology position at a library/archives.
- Preference will be given to residents of Canada.
- If you are selected for a scholarship, we will need your Social Insurance Number (if you have one) in order to issue a cheque, as this year’s host’s financial system requires it.
- Applicants from one or more of the following communities/designated groups:
- First Nations, Métis, or Inuit
- Other racialized people
- People with disabilities
- UPDATE: Applications are now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest.
- Complete the application form detailing your interest in library technology and how the scholarship will benefit you. 300-500 words is ideal.
- Upload an updated resume or CV via the application form, or send it to email@example.com.
- That’s it! We don’t need proof of your eligibility. We trust you!
- Please apply before July 22 (deadline extended slightly).
- The Access Conference Scholarship Committee will notify scholarship recipients in early August, well in advance of the last date for early bird registration (August 28).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.