Check our Hotels page for a few deals on hotels in Ottawa, plus how to get from there to Carleton. (Sadly, there are no hotels near campus.)
Travel to Ottawa
Ottawa International Airport has a lot of options for flying to Ottawa. We’ve arranged a conference rate with WestJet, as follows:
- Discount: 5% off Econo* and 10% off EconoFlex and Premium fares for travel within Canada and 2% off Econo*, 5% off EconoFlex and 10% off Premium base fares for guests travelling Trans-border.
- Time period: October 5, 2022 to October 21, 2022
- Territory: Only for bookings to Ottawa
- Exception: No discount will apply to Basic or Business class bookings
- How to get the conference rate: Please visit www.westjet.com/conventions to make a booking online and use the coupon code 3F9S4HB. (There is a separate code for Travel Agent GDS; email us at email@example.com if you need that code.)
To get to Carleton from the airport
The airport’s website has information about Ground Transportation.
- Taxi: A taxi from the airport to Carleton will cost $20-$40 and take 10-20 minutes, depending on the day and time.
- Transit: Transit with OC Transpo from the airport will take about 35 minutes and cost $3.75 cash or $3.70 with a Presto card or credit/debit at ticket machines (there’s one in the airport).
- Take the 97 bus (Hurdman) from the airport to South Keys. Switch to the 2 bus (Bayview) there and get off at the University/Gymnasium stop.
Via Rail serves Ottawa and the train station is reasonably close to transit. We’ve arranged a conference discount, as follows:
- Discount: 10% off the best available fare in Economy, Economy Plus, Business, Business Plus, Sleeper class. “Subject to the conditions and restrictions of the fare plan to which the additional discount is being applied.”
- Time period: October 10, 2022 to October 16, 2022
- Territory: From all stations throughout the VIA system to Ottawa, Ontario and return.
- Fare applies to a maximum of two passengers per booking.
- One complimentary stopover is allowed at no additional charge.
- For travel on all fare plans in Business class, the first stopover is allowed at no additional charge, provided that this stopover takes place in Toronto, Montréal or Ottawa only.
- Exception: Discount does not apply in any Escape fares and Prestige Class.
- How to get the conference rate: Participants must reference the event’s VIA convention discount code: 14282.
To get to Carleton from the train station
- Taxi: A taxi from the train station is $15-$25 and takes 10-25 minutes, depending on time of day.
- Transit: Transit with OC Transpo from the train station will take from 30-45 minutes and cost $3.75 cash or $3.70 with a Presto card or credit/debit at ticket machines (there’s one in the airport).
- Lots of options, but all require at least one change. The most straightforward seems to be: get on the Tremblay stop of the OTrain and go one stop west (destination Tunney’s Pasture) to Hurdman. Go to the bus stop Hurdman D and catch a number 10 bus (Lyon). Get off at the University/Gymnasium stop.