Diversity is one of the core values of librarianship. It expands perspectives, creates opportunities, increases creativity and innovation, reduces bias and promotes positive externalities. The Access Conference is committed to fostering an environment of understanding and respect within librarianship. To encourage diversity, the Access Conference Diversity Scholarship Committee 2018 invites all underrepresented/marginalized (check the list) to apply for an all-inclusive scholarship (includes travel, accommodation, conference registration) for the Access 2018 Conference in Hamilton, ON.
- Two scholarships will be awarded
- Members on the Access Conference Diversity Scholarship Committee cannot apply for this scholarship
- You should be eligible to attend this conference (students in library, library technician, or archives programs, library employees, library technicians, librarians, or archivists are eligible)
- Applicants should not have received a scholarship to attend either of the last two conferences (2016 in Fredericton or 2017 in Saskatoon)
- Applicants have to be “diverse” (see explanation below)
- Should be within 5 years of being a library employee OR be working or interested in an IT or technology position at a library
Diversity includes (but is not limited to):
- Applicants from historically underrepresented backgrounds
- Gender or sexual identity expression
- Visible minorities (by race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, language, country of origin, etc)
- Aboriginal or Indigenous
- Physical disability or other health disorders
- Religious or spiritual affiliations
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your background and interest in library technology and how you think Access will advance your professional development. No more than 300-500 words, please!
- Please attach an updated resume or CV.
- That’s it! We don’t need proof of your eligibility. We trust you!