Oct. 2 2019
The Hackfest will run through the day. Details to follow.
Descriptions of the workshops will be posted shortly.
9:00 to 10:00:
- Eira Tansey will lead a discussion of subjects dealt with in her keynote talk.
10:30 to 12:30 (parallel sessions):
- 1A: Yoo Young Lee: Hack open web data: Use cases from simple to advanced web scraping approaches
- 1B: Whitni Watkins: Microaggressions: Let’s do more than just talk about them
1:30 to 4:00 (parallel sessions)
- 2A: John Fink: Introduction to Data Science and Visualization with R and RStudio
- 2B: John Huck and members of the University of Alberta Libraries Metadata Team: Minding the store: Using triplestore software for linked data exploration