We’re proud to host this year’s Access Conference in our hometown. Edmonton is the capital city of Alberta with almost 1 million people living in greater Edmonton. Here’s what you need to know:
Average autumn temperature: 11°C to 17°C
What clothes to pack: Temperatures tend to be more crisp at this time of year. You’ll need good walking boots and some fashionable layers – scarves are always encouraged.
- River Valley — Our campus is located on the edge of the North Saskatchewan River Valley — the largest urban greenspace on the continent, 22 times larger than New York’s Central Park!
- Whyte Avenue — Just steps away from campus, you’ll find Whyte Avenue and its cafés, boutiques, year-round indoor farmers market, and lively nightlife.
- Highest streetcar — Our High Level Bridge Streetcar is the highest streetcar river crossing in the world
- World’s best pizza — Condé Nast named Edmonton as one of the top cities in the world for pizza.
- Biggest sports complex — Edmonton’s Ice District is Canada’s largest sports and entertainment district.
- Best bakery — Duchess Bake Shop was included as one of Buzzfeed’s 23 Bakeries Around the World You Need to Eat at Before You Die. It’s located on 124th Street which hosts some of the best restaurants in Edmonton.
- Mammoth museum — Re-opened in early 2018, the Royal Alberta Museum is now the largest museum in Western Canada.
We have plenty of social events planned, but if that’s not your speed check out some other events that are happening in Alberta:
- Melissa’s Road Race takes place Saturday September 28 in and around Banff National Park.
- Jasper SkyTram Star Sessions take place Saturdays throughout the fall in Jasper National Park.
- Food Bike Tour give you a taste of Edmonton and finishes Saturday September 28th.
- Elton John will be at Roger’s Place in the Ice District Friday September 27th and Saturday September 28th.
- Edmonton International Film Festival runs September 26th to October 5th in City Centre.
[osm_map_v3 map_center=”53.5384,-113.5321″ zoom=”12″ width=”100%” height=”450″ post_markers=”all” control=”scaleline”]