Hackfest is over… but happening all the time! 4 projects completed to be discussed during the Reports @ 11:30 Thursday and Friday. Pdf’s or links to report “Copies” will be listed here.
The Access Hackfest provides an opportunity for interested parties to collaborate on solving “real world library problems using freely available tools”. Suggestions for projects are submitted before the event, and are revealed to participants the morning of the hackfest. Participants then self-aggregate into groups to tackle the challenge that most interests them.
Please meet at the ground floor conference room of the Bill and Denise Andrew Hall, University of Prince Edward Island.
|08:00||Hackfest Continental Breakfast and Registration|
|09:00||Hackfest Part 1|
|1:00||Hackfest Part 2|
|5:00||Registration Desk Open at the Mack|
|6:30 +||Social: Alan Buchanan + Tim Chaisson & Tian Wigmore @ The Mack|
It’s easy to get around in Charlottetown.
Take the bus from Queens Square (Downtown) to UPEI or walk… It’s about a 40 min walk up University Avenue from the Delta Prince Edward.
If you like a challenge -puzzle through the schedules and maps at the official site of Trius Tours.
- Break out rooms include
- Bill and Denise Andew Hall Conference (Room 142),
- Robertson Library Conference Room (first floor)
- Robertson Library Computer Lab, (Room 312),
- Library Instruction Centre (LINC),
- CMTC Lab, Basement Robertson Library building
- Lunch will be provided.
- Wireless access will be available.
- We will use Google Docs to embed your Hackfest presentations into Hackfest sub-pages or upload a presentation in .pdf format.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
We are in the early stages, but there’s already been interest in remote participation.
More details to come.