The Access Library Conference Organizing Committee is pleased to announce that we will be offering diversity scholarships to help valued members of our community attend Access 2015 in Toronto, Ontario! Scholarships will help to offset the cost of registration, travel, and accommodation. The Organizing Committee is committed to offering a minimum of two scholarships of up to $1000 each, though we’re crowdfunding to offer more (we’ll be announcing that soon)!
Applicants must self-identify as a member of a traditionally underrepresented and/or marginalized group in technology communities, including, but not limited to, those based on gender identity, race, sexuality, or physical ability. Applicants must also be unable to attend the conference without some financial assistance (student, unemployed, underemployed, or working at a company/institution that does not support professional development).
If you’ve received a diversity scholarship to attend Access in either of the past two years (2013 or 2014), we would appreciate it if you would hold off this year to give other underrepresented members of our community a chance to participate.
 For more information on the Diversity Scholarship Program, click here.
 A more extensive, but not exhaustive, list of what we mean by “traditionally underrepresented and/or marginalized” is offered here. That said, we think you’re the best person to identify if you are a member of a traditionally underrepresented or marginalized group so please do not feel constrained by this list!
How to Apply
- You self-identify as a member of a traditionally underrepresented/marginalized group (see extended list, above)
- You are unable to attend the conference without financial assistance (i.e. you are a student, unemployed, or underemployed)
- Send an email to email@example.com by Friday, June 26 detailing your background and interest in library technology, how you think Access will advance your professional development, and how this scholarship will help you achieve your dreams. No more than 1000 words, please!
- Please attach an updated resume or CV.
- That’s it! We don’t need proof of your eligibility – we believe that our community is honest (plus, it’s so small that we’ll probably figure it out if you’re actually a millionaire).
How We’ll Decide
If you follow the application guidelines, we’ll throw your name into the hat for a scholarship. At an Organizing Committee on July 7th, we will draw names and those people will be awarded scholarships. We will award a minimum of two scholarships, but depending on our crowdfunding efforts and the needs of scholarship recipients, there may be more.