The diversity committee has made their decision and successful applicants have been contacted. Thanks to everyone who applied for the 2017 scholarships.
Diversity is one of the core values of librarianship. It expands perspectives, creates opportunities, increases creativity and innovation, reduces bias and promotes positive externalities. The Access Conference is committed to fostering an environment of understanding and respect within librarianship. To encourage diversity, the Access Conference Diversity Scholarship Committee 2017 invites all underrepresented/marginalized (check the list) to apply for an all-inclusive scholarship (includes travel, accommodation, conference registration) for the Access 2017 Conference in Saskatoon, SK.
- Maha Kumaran, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
- Naz Torabi, McGill, Montreal, Canada
- Ying Liu, University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada
- Ray Fernandes, Nova Scotia Provincial Library, Halifax, Canada
- Two scholarships will be awarded
- A maximum of $2000 CDN/recipient
- Members on the Access Conference Diversity Scholarship Committee cannot apply for this scholarship
- You should be eligible to attend this conference (students in library, library technician, or archives programs, library employees, library technicians, librarians, or archivists are eligible)
- Applicants should not have received a scholarship to attend either of the last two conferences (2015 in Toronto or 2016 in Fredericton)
- Applicants have to be “diverse” (see explanation below)
- Should be within 5 years of being a library employee OR be working or interested in IT or technology position at a library
Diversity includes (but is not limited to):
- Applicants from historically underrepresented backgrounds
- Gender or sexual identity expression
- Visible minorities (by race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, language, country of origin, etc)
- Aboriginal or Indigenous
- Physical disability or other health disorders
- Religious or spiritual affiliations
- The call for applicants closed on June 16th 2017.
- All applicants have been notified of the status of their application via email.